Saturday 1 October 2011

Polymer Poptart (Round Two)

I decided to take another stab at making the poptarts. I had a LOT of interest from people, which surprised the hell out of me. I still don't think I'm good enough to sell them yet, but if people are that into it... maybe?

It took me about a half hour to mix the colors. I used quite a bit of white and I kept having to add a little more caramel, and I still don't think I got it dark enough. Lesson for next time, I suppose! I also forgot to brush pastel on them before baking. -___- But, using the first one as a rough template, I made 4. One I left un-iced, but I might ice it later.


This time I tried texturizing the bitemarks, which turned out really well. I also improved the color of the poptart 'filling'. Now it's less blood-like and more jam-like? I guess. ^___^


I think it took me... two hours to make these, start to finish? It should be easier once my silicone molding compound arrives. Once I get a prototype that I'm happy with, I can cut most of the work out of the process. And make more, faster. I also want to try making chocolate ones...

Here's a comparison of one of the new poptarts with the first one (new on the left, old on the right).


No comments:

Post a Comment