Thursday 20 October 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie

My order still hasn't arrived, much to my frustration. Neither, incidentally, have I received the plates I ordered from Etsy on the same day. Did CanadaPost go on strike again and no one told me? Le-sigh.

Knowing my luck, it'll all come in tomorrow.

I was searching Deviant Art for tutorials, and came across this Mini-Cookies tutorial by MarieMonAmour so I decided to give it a shot.


This was my... second attempt? I think so. I was having an issue getting the bobby pin to form edges I liked so I kept scrapping them. When I got down to the last of the trio I decided to try texturing it just for the heck of it.

 

I really liked what I had! But it really didn't look all that cookie-like to me. Bread, maybe? I couldn't figure out what to do with it, so I scrapped it and moved on. I had found another tutorial, this time one for clay Hershey Kisses. So using a bit of Caramel Fimo mixed with Chocolate - straight chocolate seemed too dark - I made myself some itty bitty kisses.



Bleh. The lighting isn't very good, but I felt bad using Levels on it in Photoshop.


Then I got an idea for making cookies using my tiny chips. I'd given up on the scalloped edges, and just textured the heck out of the 'cookie'. Then I applied a little pastel.

 

Which is when I learned it's a better idea to MIX the pastel on the wax paper and THEN apply it. -___-;; The bottom two are the results of that mistake, the top right is me learning, and the top left is un-pasteled. I've learned to keep one as a template. I baked the chips first, and then used a tiny tiny bit of Sculpey Bake & Bond on the chocolate to bond it to the unbaked cookie, pushing down lightly.

 

The end result! I'm nitpicky, so the cookies are a little thick and if the 'chocolates' had been baked, they should be a little meltier... I might put a little bit of gloss on the chocolate. Assuming my Pukifee, Laura, doesn't eat them first!


No comments:

Post a Comment