I found another tutorial, once again on DeviantArt, to do rock candy! It's been awhile since I had any myself, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I was aiming for SD-sized, since I've got a set of Delf hands on loan. Not entirely sure I succeeded, but at least it's reasonably close to the size.
My intention was to do two, pink for MSD and purple for SD.
Up in the top right corner are the color tests I did. I added a bit more translucent, but the color turned out pretty close.
Not gonna lie, this step was a pain in the ass. These purple hadn't been cooked yet, but the pink was all ready!
But I burned the purple. Which is a first for me. It wasn't that I left it too long, it's that I popped it into the toaster oven before the clay had reached temperature. Le-sigh!
And with a Delf hand.
I also discovered that the uncooked polymer clay I had in a Jelly Belly package has melted tiny holes in the plastic. Much to my amusement.